This Love Makes a Family SVG is perfect for adoptions and home decor signs! Get this SVG and more than a dozen family cut files for FREE!
My boys have been huge fans of Doc McStuffins for years now.
I’m happy to let them watch. The music is fun, Doc is a good role model, and there’s great representation on the show. They also don’t shy away from tough topics in a way that works with kids: cancer, consent, adoption, and more.
I particularly love that Doc’s mom is a doctor and her dad stays home with her and her brother. That’s similar to how we do things around here. I work on the blog and my husband homeschools the boys (thanks COVID) and works part time. I love that Doc McStuffins normalizes this working situation.
And my boys often end up playing “vet” to their stuffed animals afterward! It’s pretty cute.
In one episode, Doc’s stuffed dragon Stuffy tries to go off and find his family of stuffed dragons. He’s feeling lonely and wants to find his own family. After much searching, he finds a bunch of komodo dragons—clearly not the family he’s looking for.
He’s dejected, but Doc and the other stuffed animals come around him and sing a song called “Love Makes a Family” and remind him that he’s had a family all along, even if they don’t look like him. It’s a great reminder that families don’t always look like each other and that we can make our own families with love.
Whew! That was a lot about a cartoon. All that is to say that I’ve had the song “Love Makes a Family” randomly stuck in my head on and off for like three years. So when this month’s Totally Free SVG group decided on family as a theme, I knew exactly the SVG I was going to design!
This file is perfect for onesies for your adopted little one, or use it to make a sign for your home!
Download the Love Makes a Family SVG Here
Enter your first name and email address in the box below for access to this freebie, along with other fun free files in our email newsletter! If you have already received a freebie from my site, just enter your information again—you won’t be added to any additional lists.
This freebie is for personal use only. You can learn more about our commercial license.
More Family SVG Files
Check out all of these fun family-themed SVG files from our Totally Free SVG Hop!
- Family is Everything – The Country Chic Cottage
- Friends and Family Gather Here – The Kingston Home
- This is Us – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Family – Together We Have It All – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Some Call it Chaos, We Call it Family – That’s What Che Said
- Welcome to Our Beautiful Chaos – Hello Creative Family
- Love Makes a Family – Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- Family Wreath Design – Happiness is Homemade
- I Love Us – 100 Directions
- Family – Everyday Party Magazine
- Family Makes this House a Home – Happy Go Lucky
- Lucky Family – seeLindsay
- I Love Us – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Little Bit of Chaos, Whole Lot of Fun – Crafting in the Rain
- Family (Heart) – Mad in Crafts
How to Use These Files
You can cut these files on a Cricut Maker 3, Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore 3, Cricut Explore Air 2, Cricut Joy, Silhouette, Glowforge, or other cutting machine! Here are detailed tutorials that will help you use these SVG files in your crafting:
- How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space
- How to Upload an SVG to Silhouette Studio
- How to Organize Your SVG Files
- Best Blanks for Cricut & Silhouette Projects
- Best Places to Buy Cricut Supplies
- Learn Your Specific Cricut Machine
Iron On Vinyl (also called Heat-Transfer Vinyl or HTV)
- Using Iron On Vinyl
- Layering Iron On Vinyl
- Warm Peel vs Cool Peel Iron On Vinyl
- Weeding Iron On Vinyl
- All About the Cricut EasyPress
- Iron vs. EasyPress vs. HeatPress