These bat nametags are super simple to make—just cut out the wings and attach them to a clothespin with googly eyes. They’re Halloween place cards that everyone will love!
Want to save this post to reference in the future? Enter your email below and we’ll send it right to your inbox!
I am SO excited about this week! I’ve been participating in Craft Lightning for years, but this week I’m happy to be hosting, along with Angie from the Country Chic Cottage and Carolina from 30 Minute Crafts. What is Craft Lightning? It’s basically crafts you can make in under 15 minutes!
This week the theme is PARTY, so I’m throwing a Halloween party! I have a quick and easy Halloween party idea for you every day this week, plus see the bottom of the post to find even more super quick party ideas that you can make in less than 15 minutes. Here are all of my posts in this series (links will be added as we go along this week!):
- Bat Place Cards
- Ghost Luminarias
- Sprinkle Pumpkins
- Felt Halloween Banner
- Graveyard Halloween Cake Topper
These bat place card holders are simply made of clothespins, paper wings, and googly eyes. Cut the wings using your Cricut Maker, Explore, or other cutting machine, and assemble. You could easily cut the wings by hand as well!
Halloween Place Cards Supplies
- Black clothespins (you can also paint regular clothespins)
- Cricut Explore or Maker
- Black cardstock
- Googly eyes
- Craft glue
- Bat Wing SVG File
Enter your email address below to get this free file! If you’re having trouble, make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off. Still having problems? Check out our Downloads FAQ.
Halloween Place Cards Directions
This is so easy, guys, particularly if you have black clothespins. I didn’t so I spray painted mine.
Upload the bat wings SVG to Cricut Design Space. Need help uploading your file? Check out this post!
The bat wings are sized to be perfect for standard clothespins. Resize if needed. Now you’re ready to cut your file! Hit Make It in the upper right and cut out of black cardstock.
Then glue the wings to the back of the clothespin (making sure the “clip” end of the clothespin is facing up), and then stick the googly eyes to the front.
Add a name card and you’re done!
More Easy Party Projects
Check out these other Craft Lightning party ideas, and continue to check back all week for even more simple party ideas!
- Printable Halloween Stickers – Mad In Crafts
- Printable Halloween Bookmarks – Carla Schauer
- DIY Marble Coasters – Country Hill Cottage
- Toy Story Favor Bags – See Lindsay
- DIY Party Blowers – Liz On Call
- Halloween Skull Wreath – Tried & True
- Halloween Pillow Boxes – 5 Little Monsters
- Printable Halloween Banner – Pineapple Paper Co
- Felt Balloon Banner – Creatively Beth
- Ghost Decorations – Everyday Party Magazine
- Pom Pom Pumpkins – Things Small and Simple
- Caramel Apples – Our Crafty Mom
- Boo Cake Topper – Gingersnap Crafts
- Free Birthday Cut File – Happy Go Lucky
- Pumpkin Squishy – A Sweet Berry Designs
- Halloween Candy Bar Wrappers – Happiness is Homemade
- Kindness Favors – Me and My Inklings
- Rustic Wood Slice Cake Stand – Doodlecraft
- Halloween Tote Bags – Burton Avenue
Comments & Reviews
Super cute ghosts and bats, Cory! :)