Felt and iron on vinyl come together in one easy halloween banner! Use your Cricut to cut this banner and have it assembled in under 15 minutes. Great for Halloween party decor!
It’s Day 4 of Craft Lightning—are you still with me? We’re crafting for a Halloween party and today I’m making this bright and fun Halloween banner!
What’s Craft Lightning? This week I’m making five Halloween party crafts that take 15 minutes or less! Check out my other posts in this Craft Lightning series:
- Bat Place Cards
- Ghost Luminarias
- Sprinkle Pumpkins
- Felt Halloween Banner
- Graveyard Halloween Cake Topper
Today I’m using my Cricut Maker and the Rotary Blade to easily cut the felt and iron on vinyl for this banner. The banner piece and the letter are felt. I’m using brightly colored iron-on, but this would also be fun to cut silver or holographic iron on spider webs.
I recently wrote all about using the Cricut to cut felt—see what type of felt I prefer and how to cut it with both the Cricut Explore and Maker. For this post, I’m using Benzie Design felt, which I love!
Felt Halloween Banner Supplies
- Black (or dark gray) and white felt
- Iron on vinyl in your choice of colors
- Cricut Explore (fine point blade) or Maker (rotary blade)
- Cricut EasyPress or iron + EasyPress Mat
- Weeding tool
- Spray adhesive
- Banner SVG File
Enter your first name and email address in the box below for access to this freebie, along with other fun free files in our email newsletter! If you have already received a freebie from my site, just enter your information again—you won’t be added to any additional lists.
This freebie is for personal use only. You can learn more about our commercial license.
Felt Halloween Banner Directions
Start by uploading the banner SVG to Cricut Design Space. Need help uploading your file? This post will help!
The file is designed so that the banner pieces are each 5″ tall, but you can resize to fit your decor needs. Use the icon in the bottom left corner to resize your project.
Now you’re ready to cut your file! Hit Make It in the upper right.
In the Prepare Screen, click the “mirror” option for just the iron on (the spider web) layers. This isn’t quite as important with these webs, but it’s good to be in the habit of mirroring all of your iron on projects.
Then cut your Halloween banner pieces on your Cricut Explore or Maker as follows:
- White letters: felt
- Black banner pieces: felt
- Spider webs: iron on vinyl
While your pieces are cutting, turn on your EasyPress and set it to 280° and 30 seconds. This allows it to heat up while you complete the next step.
Grab your weeding tool and weed off the excess iron on vinyl (everything that’s not spider web). Check out my weeding tips and tricks if you’re having trouble.
Then place a black banner piece on your EasyPress mat, and then lay down the iron on vinyl on top. I like using a pressing cloth (a piece of quilting cotton or a teflon sheet) because I don’t love the idea of the hot EasyPress plate directly on felt. Then press for 30 seconds.
Once you’ve pressed, flip over and press from the back for 15 seconds. Allow to cool for 30 seconds and peel back the liner piece. Repeat with the other felt banner pieces!
Then use spray adhesive to adhere your white felt letters to your banner.
Hot glue a ribbon to the back for hanging your Halloween banner and you’re done!
More Quick Party Projects
Check out these other Craft Lightning party ideas, and continue to check back all week for even more simple party ideas!
- Printable Halloween Stickers – Mad In Crafts
- Printable Halloween Bookmarks – Carla Schauer
- DIY Marble Coasters – Country Hill Cottage
- Toy Story Favor Bags – See Lindsay
- DIY Party Blowers – Liz On Call
- Halloween Skull Wreath – Tried & True
- Halloween Pillow Boxes – 5 Little Monsters
- Printable Halloween Banner – Pineapple Paper Co
- Felt Balloon Banner – Creatively Beth
- Ghost Decorations – Everyday Party Magazine
- Pom Pom Pumpkins – Things Small and Simple
- Caramel Apples – Our Crafty Mom
- Boo Cake Topper – Gingersnap Crafts
- Free Birthday Cut File – Happy Go Lucky
- Pumpkin Squishy – A Sweet Berry Designs
- Halloween Candy Bar Wrappers – Happiness is Homemade
- Kindness Favors – Me and My Inklings
- Rustic Wood Slice Cake Stand – Doodlecraft
- Halloween Tote Bags – Burton Avenue