If your favorite place to be during the holidays is in the kitchen, you need a Christmas apron! Make this cute “We whisk you a merry Christmas” apron using your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker!
Welcome back to the 25 Days of Cricut Christmas! We’re crafting for the holidays and getting in the Christmas spirit—today is Day 10!
Today we’re heading to the kitchen and making a cute Christmas apron. I’ve never been a big baker, but I do enjoy whipping up a batch of cookies with my boys during the holidays. This apron features a punny “We whisk you a merry Christmas” SVG, plus a cute whisk and spatula in the pocket!
If you’d like to get this series in an ebook format PLUS all of the SVGs needed to make all 25 projects check out the 25 Days of Cricut Christmas eBook Bundle!
This apron makes a great gift for your favorite baker, and the SVG also works on pot holders, baking gift boxes, and more!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”vbocUiky” upload-date=”2022-07-30T18:33:30.000Z” name=”Christmas Projects with a Cricut” description=”Let’s get crafting for Christmas using the Cricut! Here are a ton of easy Cricut Christmas ideas that are easy and fun to make using your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker!” player-type=”static”]
Christmas Apron Supplies
- Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker
- Blue LightGrip or Green StandardGrip mat
- Iron on vinyl in red, pink, green, and black
- Weeding tool
- Cricut EasyPress, Cricut EasyPress Mini, or household iron
- Pressing mat or EasyPress mat
- Apron (pre-wash and iron)
- Whisk SVG (see below)
Get the SVG for this Project
Christmas Apron Directions
Upload the We Whisk You a Merry Christmas SVG to Cricut Design Space
Let’s start by uploading the SVG file to Cricut Design Space (see Uploading SVG Files to Cricut Design Space if you need help).
Once the file is onto our canvas, we need to resize it for our apron in the Edit Toolbar at the top. Start by ungrouping the images so you can size them individually. For this apron, I ended up only using the whisk, which I resized to 8″ tall. You may want to change the size based on the size of your apron, or use both the spatula and the whisk.
Then select all four pieces of the “we whisk you a merry Christmas” quote and resize it as a whole. I went with 8.5″ across for my apron.
Now we are ready to cut the file! Click Make It in the upper right and you’ll be taken to the Prepare Screen. Here, we want to click the “mirror” slider for each layer. This will ensure that our project faces the correct direction when it’s ironed onto the apron.
Then click Continue!
Cut Your Iron On Vinyl for Your Christmas Apron
On the Make Screen, you’ll set your material. I am using Siser EasyWeed from Expressions Vinyl, and I’m using the Everyday Iron On setting. Make sure you have your fine point blade in your machine, insert your mat, and your Cricut will cut your project!
You’ll want to cut all four layers of iron on vinyl, making sure that each layer is mirrored.
Weed Your Iron On Vinyl
Next we’re going to “weed” the negative space from around our image. I have an extensive post about Weeding Iron On Vinyl, which you’ll want to read—tons of tips and tricks to making it easier.
Adhere Your Iron On Vinyl
Now we are going to adhere our iron on vinyl to the apron. You’ll want to pre-wash and iron your apron so they hold up better in the long haul.
I like to layer my four pieces so I can make sure I like how it looks when it’s finished, and then carefully peel away the other three layers, just leaving the bottom layer to start.
Use your EasyPress or Iron to adhere the iron on vinyl to the apron. Learn more about Using Iron On Vinyl.
Continue with the other three layers, until your entire quote is adhered to the apron.
Next we’re going to adhere the whisk inside the pocket. Place the whisk decal inside the pocket and iron—you can just iron straight over the pocket, though it might take a few more seconds because you’re going through the layer of the pocket. Remove the lining sheet, being careful when you pull up on the bottom of the whisk.
Your apron is done! You can also add other embellishments like ribbon along the edge of the pocket or pom pom trim at the bottom. Happy baking!
WE WHISK YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS APRON
- EasyPress Mini or Iron
- Pressing Mat
- Iron-On Vinyl Pink, red, green, black
- Upload the file to Cricut Design Space and resize.
- Cut the pieces from iron on vinyl.
- Weed your iron on vinyl pieces.
- Adhere your iron on pieces to the apron.
Make All the 25 Days of Cricut Christmas Projects!
We’ll be adding links as each day goes live! Grab the full bundle with all of the projects and SVGs in our 25 Days of Cricut Christmas eBook!
- Day 1: DIY Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Day 2: Snow Globe Shaker Card
- Day 3: Happy Holly Days Christmas Banner
- Day 4: Felt Gnome Pillow
- Day 5: Cookies for Santa Tray
- Day 6: Snowflake Coasters
- Day 7: Customized Christmas Banner
- Day 8: Etched Holiday Baking Dish
- Day 9: DIY Gift Card Holder
- Day 10: Christmas Apron
- Day 11: Christmas Quilt Block Artwork
- Day 12: Constellation Glitter Ornaments
- Day 13: DIY Christmas Card Holder
- Day 14: Papercut Christmas Village
- Day 15: Funny Christmas Socks
- Day 16: Veneer Pinecone Earrings
- Day 17: How to Make Felt Bows
- Day 18: Personalized Santa Sacks
- Day 19: Newborn Footprint Ornaments
- Day 20: Layered Christmas Mandala
- Day 21: Customized Pot Holders
- Day 22: Sleigh Rides Christmas Sign
- Day 23: Hot Cocoa Mug Gift
- Day 24: Print then Cut Gift Tags
- Day 25: Matching Christmas Pajamas