Make matching family pajamas for the whole “very merry” family to wear this Christmas! Wrap these up for a Christmas Eve surprise or gift them early so you can enjoy them all holiday season long!
Friends! It’s the last day of the 25 Days of Cricut Christmas! I have had SO much fun sharing holiday Cricut crafts with you over the last few weeks. I truly hope that you found inspiration and ideas for your gifts, decor, and family traditions this year.
Speaking of family traditions, ever since my boys were born we’ve done matching family pajamas! This has been such a fun tradition that my boys have come to love—and it always makes for cute photos around the holidays!
For our final project in this series, we’re crafting matching family pajamas (you could also make shirts!). I have created an SVG with 15 different “very merry” family members! From baby to grandma, there’s one for every person in your family.
If you’d like to get this series in an ebook format PLUS all of the SVGs needed to make all 25 projects check out the 25 Days of Cricut Christmas eBook Bundle!
For the pajamas, I got mine from ChristmasPajamas.com. They are a bit more expensive, but the quality is so much better than a lot of the other blank pajamas out there and they are super soft and comfortable. You can also check Amazon, Old Navy, and other retailers!
Matching Christmas Pajamas Supplies
- Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker
- Blue LightGrip or Green StrongGrip mat
- Iron on vinyl
- Weeding tool
- Cricut EasyPress, Cricut EasyPress Mini, or household iron
- Pressing mat or EasyPress mat
- Christmas pajamas or shirts
- Very Merry Family SVG
Grab the SVG for this Project
Matching Christmas Pajamas Directions
Upload the Very Merry Family SVG to Cricut Design Space
Let’s start by uploading the SVG file to Cricut Design Space (see Uploading SVG Files to Cricut Design Space if you need help).
Ungroup the images so you can work with them individually.
Use the “eye” next to each image in the Layers Panel on the right to hide all of the images you do not want to use.
Then resize and recolor the images for your particular family and pajamas.
Now we are ready to cut the file! Click Make It in the upper right and you’ll be taken to the Prepare Screen. Here, we want to click the “mirror” slider for each layer. This will ensure that our images face the correct direction when ironed onto the pajamas.
Then click Continue!
Cut Your Iron On Vinyl for Your Matching Christmas Pajamas
On the Make Screen, you’ll set your material to iron on. Make sure you have your fine point blade in your machine, insert your mat, and your Cricut will cut your project!
Weed Your Iron On Vinyl
Next we’re going to “weed” the negative space from around our image. I have an extensive post about Weeding Iron On Vinyl, which you’ll want to read—tons of tips and tricks to making it easier.
Adhere Your Iron On Vinyl
Now we are going to adhere our iron on vinyl to the pajamas. You’ll want to pre-wash and iron your pajamas so they hold up better in the long haul.
Place your decal on your pajama shirt.
Use your EasyPress or iron to adhere the iron on vinyl to the shirt. Learn more about Using Iron On Vinyl.
Peel back the carrier sheet. If your vinyl isn’t sticking, heat for a bit longer.
Flip the pajama shirt over and heat from the back for 15 seconds. This helps adhere the iron on vinyl even better.
Repeat this process with the rest of your matching Christmas pajamas and you’re done! I love this project SO much, and my boys are just the cutest, if I do say so myself!
MATCHING CHRISTMAS PAJAMAS
- EasyPress Mini or Iron
- Pressing Mat
- Iron on vinyl
- Upload the Very Merry Family SVG to Cricut Design Space.
- Choose, recolor, and resize the images you'd like to use.
- Cut the decals from iron on vinyl.
- Weed the iron on vinyl decals.
- Adhere the decals to the pajama shirts using the EasyPress mini or other heat source.
- Repeat with the remaining pajamas for your family!
Make All the 25 Days of Cricut Christmas Projects!
We’ll be adding links as each day goes live! Grab the full bundle with all of the projects and SVGs in our 25 Days of Cricut Christmas eBook!
- Day 1: DIY Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Day 2: Snow Globe Shaker Card
- Day 3: Happy Holly Days Christmas Banner
- Day 4: Felt Gnome Pillow
- Day 5: Cookies for Santa Tray
- Day 6: Snowflake Coasters
- Day 7: Customized Christmas Banner
- Day 8: Etched Holiday Baking Dish
- Day 9: DIY Gift Card Holder
- Day 10: Christmas Apron
- Day 11: Christmas Quilt Block Artwork
- Day 12: Constellation Glitter Ornaments
- Day 13: DIY Christmas Card Holder
- Day 14: Papercut Christmas Village
- Day 15: Funny Christmas Socks
- Day 16: Veneer Pinecone Earrings
- Day 17: How to Make Felt Bows
- Day 18: Personalized Santa Sacks
- Day 19: Newborn Footprint Ornaments
- Day 20: Layered Christmas Mandala
- Day 21: Customized Pot Holders
- Day 22: Sleigh Rides Christmas Sign
- Day 23: Hot Cocoa Mug Gift
- Day 24: Print then Cut Gift Tags
- Day 25: Matching Christmas Pajamas