This festive Christmas candy cane garland takes just fifteen minutes and two colors of felt. Would be great for a Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat party as well!
SAVE THIS CANDY CANE GARLAND FOR LATER AND ADD IT TO YOUR CHRISTMAS CRAFTS BOARD!
LIKE HEY, LET’S MAKE STUFF ON FACEBOOK FOR ALL SORTS OF CRAFTS!
This time I finally nailed the 15-minute time limit while creating this felt candy cane garland. It was super simple to make and would be so awesome decorating a mantel or a tree. Or even a Cat In The Hat party, if I’m being honest.
I used a heavier wool felt rather than craft felt, because that’s what I had in my studio. But craft felt would work just fine, too.
Cut 1″ x 3″ rectangles out of the red and white felt. I find it easier to use a rotary cutter, but you could use scissors. With a rotary cutter, I cut 3″ strips.
Which I then cut into smaller 1″ strips.
Super easy, right? Do the red as well.
Soon you’ll have a pile of red and white strips.
On your sewing machine, pull out about 8″ of thread from the spool and bobbin so you have room to hang the garland. Then sew about .5″ from the edge of one of the strips. Without lifting your needle, place the second piece right next to it and sew through that. Then a third piece. And so on.
Soon you’ll have a long garland! Make sure you pull the threads at least 8″ at the other end, too, for hanging.
Easy peasy, right?
I love that you could make this garland using pretty much any color for any holiday or party.
More Christmas crafting fun:
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,466 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 456 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 453 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 408 views
- Tri-Color Tissue Paper Flowers 198 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 197 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 176 views
- Things You’ll Wish You’d Put on Your Baby Registry 161 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 141 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 136 views