If you buy anything through the affiliate links in this love letters post, I earn a small commission of the sale—with no price difference to you! This helps keep the blog up and running so we can make even more stuff!
I have very few Valentine’s Day decorations, but I’ve vowed to change that this year. I’ve been working on a few projects, including my scrappy heart wreath, and now these sweet LOVE letters. I’m trying to stay away from too much pink and red, since my house is primarily gray, teal, green, and yellow. So I used some mostly black and white paper with a little bit of blush pink to make these fun LOVE letters — in just 15 minutes!
Yes, less than 15 minutes. You know what that means — it’s Craft Lightning!
LOVE Letters Supplies
LOVE Letters Directions
Paint the edges of your wood letters with craft paint. I chose a steel gray so it wouldn’t compete with the delicate paper pattern. A foam brush made quick work of the painting. It was messy, though, because I was moving quickly and the boys were just waking up from an all-to-short nap.
Once the paint was dry, I cut a piece of paper and applied spray adhesive to the back. I put the letters front-side down and pressed. I allowed the adhesive to set for a few minutes to make sure it would stick nicely.
Then using my X-acto knife, I cut the paper away from around the edges of the letter (with the letter facing down on my cutting mat. You could also use a piece of cardboard.).
This actually took me a little longer than the 10 minutes or so I had left in my 15-minute craft, but that’s because I managed to snap the point off my X-acto knife so cutting was a little ragged for the O, V, and E letters.
Want to see all of the Craft Lightning projects? Head over to the Country Chic Cottage and check them out!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,231 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 368 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 198 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 187 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 181 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 164 views
- 12 Ways to Get the Fixer Upper Look at World Market 147 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 129 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 121 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 114 views