Make some simple floating artwork using your Cricut Explore! Get free SVG cut files, too!
I wanted to add a few more personalized elements to our recent bathroom makeover, so I decided to make my own art. I hemmed and hawed and started several projects, but nothing seemed right.
That is, until I was walking through JoAnn and found some floating white frames on sale. That sparked the inspiration for doing some simple floating artwork. The best part about this is that you can do the same, but with whatever shapes you want!
I made two different pieces, one for the main portion of the bathroom, and one for in the water closet. I like that they help tie the two spaces together without being too matchy-matchy. I love how it brings out the white in the towels and the trim, and helps lighten and brighten the dark gray and teal.
Here’s how I did it!
To make the cutouts, I used my Cricut Explore. You could also cut some designs by hand, if you’re so inclined.
For the first one, I created the simple saying “choose joy.” This will someday be our future children’s bathroom, and I like the idea of them starting the day seeing that their attitudes are a choice. You can download the cut files here.
For the second piece, I reworked some of the feathers from my woodland paper pennants. Want these cut files for yourself? You can download them here.
I cut my images on BARC, which is a super-thin wood veneer. I liked the idea of doing something a little more interesting than paper. A fun card stock would also be great — maybe glitter or a pattern. Play around!
The BARC has a sticky backing, so it was so easy to place these on the glass. I just peeled off the backing paper and placed the cut out on the back piece of glass, facing out. EASY.
Frame it all up (be careful — the glass is SHARP. Not that I cut a nice chunk out of my pinky finger. I did not do that and bleed all over the place. Nope.) and hang! Or stand it up on a shelf. Whatevs.
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 947 views
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 842 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 503 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 179 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 158 views
- Address Christmas Cards using your Cricut Explore 119 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 106 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 100 views
- IKEA Hack: Trones Shoe Holder for Paper Storage 100 views
- Vinyl Pantry Labels – Free SVG Download 90 views