This Christmas Gnome is made from a mason jar and felt. A quick Christmas craft that makes a cute holiday gift idea!
SAVE THIS LITTLE GNOME TO YOUR CRAFTS BOARD ON PINTEREST!
RECEIVE MORE CUTE CRAFT IDEAS FROM HEY, LET’S MAKE STUFF RIGHT IN YOUR INBOX!
And I thought that you’d all appreciate a happy little gnome on a Monday morning! Seriously. How can you not smile when you see him? Fill him with candy and bring him to a friend — he’ll brighten any day!
This gnome really easy to make — and it would be easy to re-work his colors and hat to be Santa or even an elf! Perfect little decorations and gifts for Christmas.
Start by rolling the red felt around the cone. In this photo it may look like I used craft glue, but I quickly switched to my hot glue gun because I am way too lazy to sit there while glue dries. Trim off the extra red felt from the bottom of the cone.
Wrap the mason jar in blue felt, and glue together.
Stack! You already have the gnome shape — all you have to add are the details! You could also glue the foam cone to the lid of the jar to have a way to seal it.
I cut all of the details free-hand, starting with his little boots. Hot glued those on.
Then I cut a shape for his beard, as well as a square piece to go behind the beard for his face.
A little Sharpie-action and his happy little eyes were complete!
Glued his face on, and then added a belt! I used some black ribbon I had in my studio. To make the belt buckle, I used a tiny piece of silver sparkly washi tape.
That’s all — now he’s done! I was in sort of a giddy mood while I was making him, and I kept singing, “If you’re happy and you know it, make a gnome!” Everyone clap!
More Christmas crafts and creations:
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 2,438 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 1,177 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 786 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 582 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 397 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 378 views
- Tri-Color Tissue Paper Flowers 339 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 319 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 269 views
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 149 views