Buttons, straight pins, and foam cone equal an adorable and easy Christmas tree! A fun craft project to make your holidays special.
Save these button Christmas trees to your Christmas crafts Pinterest board!
More holiday crafts from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff can be found on Pinterest.
The last three days have been all fun food ideas for the holidays (check out my crescent rolls, orange hot chocolate, and my favorite two-ingredient cookie mix-ins). Today we’re switching gears to do a fun craft!
I’ve had this jar of green buttons forever, so I thought I’d make some little button Christmas trees! I love how the pearlized straight pins stand in for ornaments on the tree. So cute. These little guys can sit on a mantel, or add a loop of ribbon to the top to turn them into adorable ornaments.
Start by covering your foam cone with the green fabric. I actually just pinned it in place because I knew it would be held together by all of the straight pins. But you could glue as well.
Now start adding buttons from the bottom, adhering them with the straight pins. The hardest part of the project is to aim the pins into the cone so the pointy end isn’t sticking out on the other side of the cone (or into your hand. Not that I did that.).
Work your way up the cone, and top with a final button!
OTHER ORNAMENTS YOU’LL LOVE:
MORE CHRISTMAS CRAFTS FOR YOU:
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 959 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 599 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 475 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 237 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 182 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 176 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 152 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 123 views
- Tri-Color Tissue Paper Flowers 95 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 84 views