Looking for ways to enjoy the fall season, while keeping your family safe during COVID-19? Here’s our huge fall bucket list, full of ideas for making beautiful (and socially distanced!) memories.
Fall is heading our way and I had the realization the other day that the upcoming holiday season is going to look a lot different than any year we’ve known. Thanks to our friend COVID-19, it probably won’t be safe to go trick or treating or head to the busy pumpkin patch or have a huge family gathering for Thanksgiving.
Instead of lamenting, though, I’ve decided to continue to build resilience in our family by figuring out what we CAN do, instead of focusing on what we can’t.
Because we live in a new area, I decided to create a fall bucket list so that we can safely enjoy the fall season, both at home and around town a bit. Each idea on this fall bucket list can be done while social distancing, and you can modify them depending on your area’s COVID-19 guidelines and your family’s comfort.
Fall Bucket List Ideas
Enter your first name and email address in the box below for access to this freebie, along with other fun free files in our email newsletter! If you have already accessed a freebie from my site, just enter your information again—you won’t be added to any additional lists.
This freebie is for personal use only. You can learn more about our commercial license.
- Take an “autumn foliage” drive
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Bake pumpkin spice muffins
- Burn a fall-scented candle
- Make apple cider
- Have a family pumpkin carving contest
- Decorate the porch for fall
- Toast pumpkin seeds
- Watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Collect all the colors of fall leaves
- Jump in a pile of leaves
- “Boo” your neighbors with treats
- Make applesauce
- Make pumpkin milkshakes
- Knit a scarf
- Donate to a food drive
- Create an at-home candy scavenger hunt (printable coming soon!)
- Bake a pie for a neighbor
- Host a virtual costume contest (gather everyone over Zoom!)
- Find a smaller, local pumpkin patch (go on a weekday!)
- Make a thankful tree (tutorial coming soon!)
- Decorate Autumn-themed cookies
- Watch Hocus Pocus
- Paint pumpkins
- Go through a corn maze
- Make a pot of hot soup
- Go apple picking
- Try a leaf rubbing craft
- Roast marshmallows
- Play football with family and friends (pick ones you’ve been social distancing with!)
Have more ideas for your own fall bucket list? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!