Buttons, straight pins, and foam cone equal an adorable and easy Christmas tree! A fun craft project to make your holidays special.
The last three days have been all fun food ideas for the holidays (check out my crescent rolls, orange hot chocolate, and my favorite two-ingredient cookie mix-ins). Today we’re switching gears to do a fun craft!
I’ve had this jar of green buttons forever, so I thought I’d make some little button Christmas trees! I love how the pearlized straight pins stand in for ornaments on the tree. So cute. These little guys can sit on a mantel, or add a loop of ribbon to the top to turn them into adorable ornaments.
Start by covering your foam cone with the green fabric. I actually just pinned it in place because I knew it would be held together by all of the straight pins. But you could glue as well.
Now start adding buttons from the bottom, adhering them with the straight pins. The hardest part of the project is to aim the pins into the cone so the pointy end isn’t sticking out on the other side of the cone (or into your hand. Not that I did that.).
Work your way up the cone, and top with a final button!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,124 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 435 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 378 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 293 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 280 views
- A Christmas Story Drinking Game 179 views
- Glittery Mason Jar Snow Globe 175 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 172 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 171 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 159 views