Decorate in a flash — these easy pumpkin embroidery hoops take less than 15 minutes to make!
One of the things I’ve learned about myself is that I have a hard time coming up with quick projects. I love the things I do here on my blog and for my home, but often they take a long time to complete. Paint the inside of a type tray, for instance. That’ll take up your afternoon.
So for this round of Craft Lightning, I was determined to stay within the 15-minute limit.
My first project ended up taking almost two hours not including a trip to the fabric store for more ribbon. So…not quite fifteen minutes. Clearly I need more practice, and I’m saving that one for a separate post.
I gave myself a speedy pep talk and in under 15 minutes (excluding drying time), looked around my studio to see what supplies I had and made these fun pumpkin embroidery hoops!
Three embroidery hoops, various sizes
Three different orange fabrics
Gold spray paint
Quick-dry tacky glue
Start by spray painting the hoops gold. I could have used them in their natural wood color, but I love the Rustoleum pure gold and it glams them up ever so slightly. Let the hoops dry.
Cut your fabric scraps so they are 1″-ish bigger than your hoops on all sides. No need to be precise — it’s all about the time here!
Insert the fabric into the hoops and tighten the clasp.
Trim the backing fabric. Because this is a quick craft, I didn’t add backing felt or anything fancy. Stay within the time limit, Cori! You’re almost there!
Tie the ribbon in a bow to the clasp on the hoop, leaving long tails. Curl the tails a bit and secure the ends with a bit of tacky glue.
Done! Not even fifteen minutes. I am pretty impressed with myself, and these little guys are going to decorate the mantel of our new house!
Like this project? You’ll love my Spider Web Hoops, too!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 987 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 435 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 359 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 244 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 209 views
- Glittery Mason Jar Snow Globe 193 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 187 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 164 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 160 views
- Winter Wonderland Luminaria – Free SVG Cut Files 143 views