One of the things I’ve learned about myself is that I have a hard time coming up with quick projects. I love the things I do here on my blog and for my home, but often they take a long time to complete. Paint the inside of a type tray, for instance. That’ll take up your afternoon.
So for this round of Craft Lightning, I was determined to stay within the 15-minute limit.
My first project ended up taking almost two hours not including a trip to the fabric store for more ribbon. So…not quite fifteen minutes. Clearly I need more practice, and I’m saving that one for a separate post.
I gave myself a speedy pep talk and in under 15 minutes (excluding drying time), looked around my studio to see what supplies I had and made these fun pumpkin embroidery hoops!
Three embroidery hoops, various sizes
Three different orange fabrics
Gold spray paint
Quick-dry tacky glue
Start by spray painting the hoops gold. I could have used them in their natural wood color, but I love the Rustoleum pure gold and it glams them up ever so slightly. Let the hoops dry.
Cut your fabric scraps so they are 1″-ish bigger than your hoops on all sides. No need to be precise — it’s all about the time here!
Insert the fabric into the hoops and tighten the clasp.
Trim the backing fabric. Because this is a quick craft, I didn’t add backing felt or anything fancy. Stay within the time limit, Cori! You’re almost there!
Tie the ribbon in a bow to the clasp on the hoop, leaving long tails. Curl the tails a bit and secure the ends with a bit of tacky glue.
Done! Not even fifteen minutes. I am pretty impressed with myself, and these little guys are going to decorate the mantel of our new house!
Want another quick Craft Lightning project? Check out my Camping-Inspired Found Object Initial!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 516 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 86 views
- Of All the Things My Hands Have Held Printable 53 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 52 views
- The Hidden Gems of Prague 51 views
- Simple IKEA Hack: Narrow Console Table 35 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 34 views
- North West Quilt-As-You-Go Block Tutorial 32 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers: Daffodil, Tiger Lily, Poppy, and Peony 29 views
- Seven Tips for Lighter Purse 25 views