Make a fashion statement—using scraps from your craft room! These glitter and suede earrings are super easy to make using your Cricut. Get the free Cricut earrings SVG, too!
One of my favorite scrap-busting projects with my Cricut is making earrings. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve whipped up a pair of earrings to match an outfit just a few minutes before running out of the house. So quick and easy!
If you also love making your own earrings with your Cricut, you’re going to love today’s post! I’ve joined up with some of my favorite blogging friends to share a bunch of ideas for making earrings using your Cricut. I’ve got a pair of glitter and suede earrings (and a free SVG to go along with them) but you’ll also find feathers, pineapples, watermelons, and even heart-eye emojis. Perfect for any mood!
First I’ll share my quick tutorial for making earrings with a Cricut, then head to the bottom of this post to get the links to the others! Need help with your Cricut? Check out my online course, Cricut Academy!
How to Make Cricut Earrings
- Faux suede
- Glitter iron on
- Weeding tool
- EasyPress Mini or other heat source
- Piercing tool or needle
- Earring findings
- Flat-nose jewelry pliers
- Cricut Earrings SVG (download by clicking below)
Upload the Cricut earrings SVG to Cricut Design Space. You can resize it if desired. Click Make It in the upper right.
Cut out the suede earrings and decorative iron on piece using your Cricut. I have a helpful tutorial for cutting leather on a Cricut—the faux suede cuts the same as the faux leather. Don’t forget to change material settings in between each piece!
Weed your glitter vinyl layer. You can use a weeding tool, but in this case I actually found that by bending the carrier sheet I was able to weed it by hand. Get more weeding tips.
Once you have your pieces cut out, heat up your EasyPress Mini or other heating device. The EasyPress Mini is perfect for projects like this, but you can use a regular EasyPress or iron, too.
Place the iron on piece centered on your suede piece and press for 15 seconds. Let it cool for a few seconds and warm peel the carrier sheet off the suede. Repeat with the other earring.
To attach the earring findings, use the piercing tool or a needle to create a hole at the top of the earring.
Then use the pliers to open the ring on the earring finding and thread the finding through the hole. Use the pliers to clamp shut and you’re done!
More Cricut Earrings to Make!
Check out these amazing projects by my friends—head to each blog post to get the free Cricut SVG file and instructions to make all of these Cricut earrings!
- 5 Simple Shapes with Cutouts by The Country Chic Cottage
- Pineapple Earrings by Pineapple Paper Co.
- Split Circles Earrings by That’s What Che Said
- Heart Eye Emoji Earrings by Hello Creative Family
- Glitter & Suede Earrings by Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Watermelon Earrings by Happiness is Homemade
- Flower & Vine Earrings by 100 Directions
- Teardrop Earrings by Happy Go Lucky
- Teacher/Apple Earrings by Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Arch Earrings by Crafting in the Rain
- Feather Earrings by Mad in Crafts
- Linked Heart Earrings by 30 Minute Crafts
More Cricut Jewelry to Make
- Skiing SVG Bundle for Cricut & Silhouette - January 15, 2021
- Free Printable Animal Pun Valentines / Lunch Box Notes - January 14, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to Cricut Mats for Better Cutting - January 11, 2021