This 4th of July tic tac toe is the perfect easy-to-carry game to bring to a patriotic picnic, barbecue, or fireworks celebration!
While I don’t like the summer heat, I do love myself a patriotic 4th of July party with friends! Our neighborhood does a block party each year (I swear, it’s like Mayberry over here sometimes) and this year I thought I’d make a little game to bring, along with my famous pasta salad.
I’ve been loving the wooden letters at Target, but had no idea what I wanted to do with them until I thought of creating an easy Tic Tac Toe with them. They have several sizes of letters — I went with a medium size, but this would be a lot of fun with the big letters, too.
I originally thought about painting the stars and stripes, but then remembered that I had some Cricut Outdoor Vinyl that would make the job a whole lot easier and less messy. The outdoor vinyl is great for projects like this, that need to stand up to a lot of handling or wet grass or whatever. It’s awesome.
Tic Tac Toe Supplies
- Wooden Letters
- Craft Paint & Paint Brushes
- Cricut Outdoor Vinyl
- X-acto Knife
- Stars & Stripes SVG (download)
Tic Tac Toe Directions
Start by painting your letters red and blue. It took two coats for me.
Then cut the stars and stripes SVG file on your Cricut Explore or other cutting machine. Once your letters are dry, peel the stars and stripes from their backing material and place on the front of the letters.
Then flip the letter over, and use the X-acto knife to carefully cut away the excess vinyl.
That’s it! I used some rope to make the lines for the tic tac toe board, but you could use whatever you have on hand.
Want to see some of my other fun 4th of July projects? Check these out:
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,547 views
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 1,064 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 950 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 537 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 410 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 375 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 314 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 235 views
- Irish Blessing Printable 229 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 202 views