Today starts the Travellin’ Pic Stitch Blog Hop!
This is my first foray into English Paper Piecing and I’m really excited to be participating. Basically we’re taking our travel photos and turning them into EPP projects! What is EPP you might ask? It’s when you use paper templates with the fabric basted onto the paper shape in order to get accurate piecing. Basically it’s a lot of hand sewing and it gives you crisp, accurate seams. The great thing about it is that it doesn’t require a sewing machine, so you can do it while on an airplane or watching TV or waiting in line.
From October 1 to November 30, the group is hopping all over the world EPP-ing in some fantastic locations. You can learn more over on Laura’s blog and see the rules for the hop. My day is October 16, and I’m already working on my project!
I’m using this photo of the Seattle skyline I took during a trip up there in August. For once, the sun was actually shining. If you look closely, you can even see Mt. Rainier in the distance. I love the blues and greens and grays in the photo. I realized that most of the place I travel are blue and green and gray — I love me some mountains and nature.
And here are the fabrics I picked out that match the photo. I call it Summer in Seattle:
I’ve finished my paper piecing and now I’m assembling the pieces, but I’ll wait to reveal my creative process and progress when I post the finish project on October 16!
You all are welcome to participate with your own traveling EPP projects, and on November 30 you can link up your project for a chance to win these fabulous prizes! (Every time I see the words “fabulous prizes!” I say it in The Price Is Right‘s announcer’s voice. And remember, spay and neuter your pets.)
Here is how it goes!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,136 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 718 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 548 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 306 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 241 views
- 12 Ways to Get the Fixer Upper Look at World Market 186 views
- Seaside Boardwalk Quilt-As-You-Go Tutorial 165 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 163 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 158 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 143 views