Make a happy little “shark mark” shark bookmark! Great for celebrating Shark Week or for any time you’re diving into a particularly delicious book.
It’s almost SHARK WEEK! It may be a little for us to introduce the boys to the fabulousness of sharks, but we’ll still be watching the shark goodness starting June 26 on the Discovery Channel.
Each year I keep meaning to make project for Shark Week and of course, each year I get to it too late. But this time I am on top of things and I decided to make some Shark Marks! Bookmarks, that is.
I have two methods for you to make these. First is a printable template PDF, which you can cut out and use to cut your pieces of paper. OR, if you have a Cricut Explore or other electronic cutter, you can download the free SVG files and cut them.
- Red, gray, white, and black paper (or blue, if you want a blue shark)
- Craft glue
- Scissors (if cutting by hand)
- Hole punch (optional)
- PDF template
- SVG cut files
Cut out all of your pieces, either by hand or on your cutting machine. (Pardon my crummy rushing-during-naptime step-by-step photos!) For the eyes, you can either trace the template or use a hole punch, like I did.
Fold over the two triangle flaps of your shark head to make the above square shape. Don’t glue yet!
Glue your red mouth piece to the base of the square, inside the flaps.
Glue the back of the top flap to the front of the back flap, so that page can be inserted. Glue teeth into place, behind the flap.
Glue eyes and fin and you’re done! I can’t believe how happy they are. Happy happy sharks, ready to keep your page for you.
Shark Bark Candy from Around My Family Table
Shark Attack Margarita from Bread Booze Bacon
Shark Crossword Puzzle from Celebrating Family
Shark Jello Cups from Home.Made.Interest
Shark Bait Popcorn from Life Anchored
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,135 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 718 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 547 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 303 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 241 views
- 12 Ways to Get the Fixer Upper Look at World Market 186 views
- Seaside Boardwalk Quilt-As-You-Go Tutorial 165 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 163 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 157 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 143 views