If you buy anything through the affiliate links in this post, I earn a small commission of the sale—with no price difference to you! This helps keep the blog up and running so we can make even more stuff!
Today I’m participating in a Trim The Tree party! Stop by at the end of this post and see all of the other clever ideas!
For me, I’d like to share how to make this easy Christmas tree ornament out of felt, thread, and a straight pin.
Cut the following felt squares:
Six 2″ x 2″ light green
Six 2″ x 2″ dark green
Six 1.75″ x 1.75″ light green
Six 1.75″ x 1.75″ dark green
Six 1.50″ x 1.50″ light green
Six 1.50″ x 1.50″ dark green
Four 1.25″ x 1.25″ light green
Four 1.25″ x 1.25″ dark green
Four 1″ x 1″ light green
Four 1″ x 1″ dark green
Three .75″ x .75″ light green
Three .75″ x .75″ dark green
Two .50′ x .50″ light green
Two .50′ x .50″ dark green
Six 1″ x 1″ brown
As you go, stack the pieces into a tree shape with the biggest pieces at the bottom — no need to be perfect since they’ll move around when you connect them together. But it at least gives you an idea of what your tree is going to look like.
Thread your needle with a length of heavy-weight thread, making a knot at the end. Starting with trunk of the tree, star threading the felt pieces through the middle of each piece.
Keep threading until you haver reached the top of the tree.
Once you get to the top, make a loop and thread your needle back down through the tree. This will be the loop that you use to hang it Knot at the bottom. If you’d like, use a yellow flower-head pin to create a star on the top!
More than 35 of your favorite bloggers have come together to share their fun and festive ideas. From ornaments to tree skirts, you are sure to be inspired by all of these amazing homemade ideas to trim your tree!
9. Joy Ornament
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,788 views
- Scattered Geese Log Cabin Quilt-As-You-Go Tutorial 322 views
- Bright and Happy DIY Kitchen Renovation on a Budget 234 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 227 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 173 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 167 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 142 views
- Of All the Things My Hands Have Held Printable 133 views
- Seven Tips for Lighter Purse 117 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 112 views