This is a fun, sweet drink that goes down easily!
Servings: 4 glasses
- Gold sugar to rim the glasses (I got mine at my local craft store)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups Fresh strawberries
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 oz Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar optional, to taste
- Sparkling wine or champagne
Using a little lemon juice, rim champagne flutes with gold sugar.
Cap and clean the strawberries.
Put all the strawberries in a blender.
Add vanilla, lemon juice, and sugar (if needed) and puree.
Pour into a champagne flute about a third of the way (I used a funnel to make it easier).
Top with sparkling wine, and stir very gently to incorporate.