Want to learn more about the 2014 Directive? Visit Kate & Trudy for more information!
In my September Directive, I announced that we bought a house!
And this last weekend, we moved in. It was quite the task to pack up our whole lives and move across town (across town here being almost a mile. It’s a small town. Ha!). But as of yesterday, we are fully out of the old house and all our stuff is here. Huzzah!
I finished up pretty much all of my goals for September, which all related to moving into our new house and getting our old house rented.
I could have plans related to something other than this house for October, but let’s be real — I want to set up our new home. So my goals for October will revolve around making this house a home.
My October Directive
- Work on my Whole House Color Palette. Using Teal and Lime’s method, I’ve been working on creating a palette for my whole house. The method isn’t for everyone, but I know what my favorite colors are, and I know I want my whole house to feel cohesive. I’m excited about it!
- Paint it all. The colors in the house are various shades of beige and brown, with two bright kiddo bedrooms. I love me some cool colors and even if we have kids I want to chose decor myself, so starting today, I’m painting every room! I feel like I can’t fully unpack our office, for instance, until the bright pink girl’s room is a more neutral color.
- Unpack. Once everything is painted, I can really start unpacking. I’ve unpacked a lot, but there is still a lot to do. By this time next month, I really hope to have no boxes in the house and everything that belongs in the house, in the house (and not in boxes in the garage.
- Figure out a pantry. Our new kitchen (built in 1989) has no pantry. This was one of the biggest problems in our old kitchen, which we eventually gutted — and added two pantries. Now we’re back to no pantry, and no kitchen renovation on the near horizon. In the meantime, I need to figure out where to put our food!
- Do a deep clean. The former owners were thankfully very clean people, but I still want to do a deep clean of the house, probably after I get everything painted.
- Work on my blog series. I have a blog series in the works about remodeling, decorating, and furnishing our new home. It’s still in the beginning stages, but I need to keep on top of my emails and be very forward-thinking about the whole thing. More info on this series to come soon!
Past Directive Reports
- Get the rental ready. Got all the repairs done, walls patched and painted, and it professionally cleaned. All that’s left is carpet cleaning tomorrow, and then the renters move in Saturday!
- Get the halfplex rented. Done! We had six couples look at it the first day, and it was rented that night. Boom.
- Pack, pack, pack. Got almost everything packed. Everything else was haphazardly tossed in the car and moved over.
- Move. Done and done!
- Be good to myself. For the most part, I was okay to myself. It was a hard month, physically and emotionally. But I did make myself take breaks and have a couple evenings on the couch doing nothing.
August 2014 “Eat that frog”: Actually did a few more things for this in September — my friend helped me get my accounting on track (yay!) and I’ve been sending out my newsletter regularly. I still need to updated the categories on my blog — I do hope to get that done in October.
July 2014 “The goal is to grow”: I finished all the goals I had set for this month!
June 2014 “A bit of bloginization”: I finished all the goals I had set for this month!
May 2014 “Changes to my plate”: We’ve been eating a lot of Paleo freezer meals since my surgery, which is good. But I could still do better when we’re not eating at home.
April 2014 “A digital detox”: I need to do this again. I’m already finding myself addicted to my technology.
March 2014 “Get back on my feet”: Mostly recovered from my second surgery in August. I just have to wait a few more weeks and I can really start exercising again!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,462 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 456 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 453 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 408 views
- Tri-Color Tissue Paper Flowers 198 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 197 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 176 views
- Things You’ll Wish You’d Put on Your Baby Registry 161 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 141 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 136 views