In June, I had some goals relating to organization on my blog. Of all my directives, I thought this was the most successful so far — I had some seriously specific goals, so I knew exactly where I was headed this month. I’ll write more about it later in this post, but first…
What is the 2014 Directive?
The 2014 Directive is a resolution and goal-setting link up structured in a way to maximize success of your goals by setting them on a monthly basis instead of yearly basis that’s nearly impossible to keep. Monthly goals must be SMART: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. You can join the link up at Kate and Trudy!
How Do I Join Along?
If you’d like to participate, visit the 2014 Directive details page at Kate and Trudy for all the information you need to get started on the right foot. You can participate by linking up your blog post below and/or sharing your goals on Instagram (using the hashtag #the2014directive) with a smattering of photos throughout the month. Need some ideas for monthly goals? Jessica has 50 great ideas here!
My July Directive
My June goals were centered around my blog, and my July goals are centered around growing my social media presence. As I’m writing it all out, I’m finding it’s a little hard to talk about all of this here. I just want you to think my blog and social media are just growing by magic and the sweet breath of unicorns.
But as any other blogger will tell you — it is a TON OF WORK. So here’s what I’m doing this month to help grow my social media presence.
- Follow along with the SITS Girls Summer of Social Love for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google +. It’ll be a ton of work to keep up with their prompts, but I think it will be very helpful to revisit what I’m doing in each area.
- Follow Ashley’s techniques for growing my Pinterest followers.
- Hit these following social media goals. Using the Summer of Social Love and a few other tricks — plus putting out great content — I think I can hit these goals this month.
- 1000 Facebook followers (currently 911)
- 1500 Twitter followers (currently 1258)
- 1500 Instagram followers (currently 1354)
- 2500 Pinterest followers (currently 1694)
- Join StumbleUpon. In one of my blogging groups, several friends have said SU has become a top referrer of traffic for them.
- Organize my Google+ circles. Right now they are a DISASTER and are not doing me any favors when I go to tag a certain group of people.
- Find and unfollow inactive friends. Using tools on the web, I want to cull the people who I’m following who are no longer posting on Twitter and Instagram. No point in following someone if they aren’t posting anything.
Whew! It’ll be a lot of work, but I know it will be worth it.
Past Directive Reports
June 2013 “A bit of bloginization”: Things went really well for my goals! I got nearly all of my old posts updated — just a handful to go and I plan on finishing up this week. It feels so good to have that pretty much done!
I also created a bar across the top of my blog so that people can start subscribing to my upcoming newsletter! I think it will start out as a monthly newsletter, hitting the highlights from the month. Want to get in on that action? Just enter your email address into the bar at the top of this page!
As far as getting ahead, I’m making progress. I have several future posts scheduled out, and I’m not feeling quite as overwhelmed trying to get content out. I have blocked out a day a week to sit in Starbucks and work, work, work. This is definitely helping, and something that I’ll keep doing from here on out.
May 2014 “Changes to my plate”: June was actually a better eating month for me than May was! We started doing P90X (we’re three weeks in), and I find I eat better when I’m exercising. Things haven’t been perfect, but so. much. better.
April 2014 “A digital detox”: Still no notifications on my phone! Love having the freedom from the pings.
March 2014 “Get back on my feet”: My foot is still slowly healing. With our workouts, I’ve been on it a lot more. Somehow this is actually helping — breaking up scar tissue or something. I have scheduled my other foot’s surgery for the beginning of September (might be the beginning of August if there’s a cancelation — please pray for one for me. I’d much rather August than September, just based on many plans I’ve already made in October!)
Stay tuned for another update at the end of July!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,805 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 752 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 543 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 442 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 259 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 256 views
- Tri-Color Tissue Paper Flowers 217 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 209 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 176 views
- Vinyl Pantry Labels – Free SVG Download 111 views