Learn the secret to hide posts on your blog without losing traffic from Pinterest and other sources!
SAVE THESE TIPS ON HOW TO HIDE BLOG POSTS!
LIKE HEY, LET’S MAKE STUFF ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE USEFUL TIPS AND TRICKS.
It’s Tech Tuesday—if you’re not a blogger, feel free to pass it on by! Or give it a read to learn all of our deep, dark blogging secrets.
Although I rebranded in January 2015, I spent the rest of the year honing Hey, Let’s Make Stuff into what I really wanted to be known for. Looking through my old posts, I realized there were types of posts that I didn’t want to do anymore. Here’s how I hide blog posts—without losing traffic!
The best example is recipes. I’ve created recipes over the years, but I realized that, for the most part, I never really enjoyed it. In particular, I hate photographing food and I would often end up frustrated. So I decided to let the food bloggers blog about food since they do it best, and I would stick to making other stuff.
But I couldn’t just delete the posts. All of them are pinned, some with decent re-pins. If I deleted the posts, then all of those pins would lead to a 404 error.
So here’s my little trick: I took them out of my navigation. They still exist. You can search for “meat sauce” and come up with my recipe (it’s tasty!) but a new visitor wouldn’t know I once created recipes.
I also untagged and uncategorized a few of my old posts that I just don’t love. They don’t show up in my indexing or menus, but still exist if someone clicks on a pin. I may go back and re-photograph them at some point, but for now, they remain hidden.
HERE ARE SOME MORE TECH TIPS FOR YOU:
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 2,445 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 1,178 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 786 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 584 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 399 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 378 views
- Tri-Color Tissue Paper Flowers 339 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 320 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 269 views
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 149 views