Last updated on February 13th, 2019 at 01:30 pm
These sweet and buttery butterbeer muddy buddies are the perfect treat for Harry Potter parties and Fantastical Beast fetes. Grab your wand and conjure up this delectable dessert today!
I can’t believe that we get to head back into the magical Wizarding World in the new movie Fantastical Beasts and Where to Find Them! Even though it’s set pre-Harry Potter, I’m looking forward to meeting a new bunch of characters in a world I’ve come to love so much.
Today some friends and I have gathered to share some of our favorite Fantastical Beasts and Harry Potter recipes, DIYs, and party games! You’ll be able to throw the most epic party for the release of the movie with all of these projects.
I’ve whipped up a batch of Harry Potter Butterbeer Muddy Buddies. I’ve based the recipe on my friend Becca’s amazing Butterbeer Cupcakes, which you’ve got to try! My butterbeer muddy buddies are sweet and buttery, and are topped with a toffee crunch and lightning bolt sprinkles.
The key to this recipe is the imitation butter flavoring. I know, I know. But seriously — it really brings out the BUTTER in butterbeer. I had a hard time finding it locally, but finally found it at jet.com. You can get it here.
Harry Potter Butterbeer Muddy Buddies
- 8 cups Rice Chex Mix
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 stick butter chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp imitation butter flavor
- 1/4 cup toffee bits eg: Heath Bits O Brickle
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- lightning bolt sprinkles
- Measure the cereal into a large paper bag.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add butterscotch chips, chopped butter, vanilla extract, and butter flavoring. Begin by heating on 50% power for 30 seconds. Take out and stir. Repeat in 15 second increments until the mixture is melted and smooth. Do not overcook or the butterscotch will scorch!
- Dump the mixture into the brown paper bag with the cereal. Shake to coat! Spread on a cookie sheet and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the mixture back into the bag (you may need a new bag if the first one is too buttery), and add the powdered sugar. Shake again to coat. Add the Toffee Bits and shake again. Serve, sprinkled with lightning bolt sprinkles!
And check out these other AMAZING Fantastic Beasts / Harry Potter projects!
Butterbeer Poke Cake | Sugar & Soul
Magical Harry Potter Ornaments | Simply Made Fun
Newt Scamander Suitcase Bag | The Benson Street
Butterbeer Cupcakes | Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Wizard Wands | Life Currents
Fantastic Beasts Scarf and Skirt Tutorials | Rae Gun Ramblings
Butterbeer Macarons | Kid’s Fun Review