Last year, I hosted the first Giving Handmade. As a handmade artist, I wanted promote giving handmade items as gifts for the holidays. Giving Handmade 2012 brought together a bunch of talented handmade artists and their online shops and promoted items they had available for the holidays. It was such a success!
Each shop donated one item for a big giveaway, and there were also several amazing sponsors who donated items as well. There was also the opportunity for other online shop owners to link at the bottom of the post.
There were more than 2,000 entries into the giveaway last year — this is a great opportunity to promote your handmade business as well as grow your social media platforms!
This year, Giving Handmade will fall on November 30, which is Small Business Saturday — a day set up to celebrate and promote small businesses, such as handmade artists. I am looking for shops and sponsors who would like to be featured for Giving Handmade this year.
Here’s how it will work:
- Giving Handmade will be hosted on my blog (www.letseatgrandpa.com) starting at 12:01 am EST on November 30.
- There will be tweets, FB posts, Instagram posts, a blog badge, etc. to promote the event prior to November 30.
- There will be several ways to participate:
- Ten to fifteen shops will be featured in the blog post, with product photos, a write-up about the shop, and corresponding links to their blog, shop, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, discounts, etc. To be one of the Featured Shops, you will need to donate one item from your shop for a giveaway and have the above information provided to me by November 26, so I can write the post.
- A linky party will be set up for everyone else who wants their shop to be listed in the craft fair. Shoppers can browse through the linky listings to see all the additional shops and find great gifts.
- I am working to get some great sponsors to offer additional giveaways to both shops and shoppers. For sponsorship information, please email me at cori @ letseatgrandpa . com.
- The giveaway will be managed through Rafflecopter, offering entries to win based on comments, likes, follows, etc. for each of the participating Featured Shops and Sponsors.
Check out the Giving Handmade Pinterest board. As a participating shop, you can pin gifts from your shop — just let me know and I’ll add you as a contributor.
Here is an example of a shop write-up:
The Sewing Loft
The Sewing Loft provides inspiration to help you “Reclaim” your creativity, one stitch at a time! Heather, the designer behind the screen, shares fun tips, tricks and easy projects to keep you stitching up a storm. So, whether it’s a monster project your looking to tackle or a quick hitter, there is bound to be a pattern to fit your needs.
If you’re interested in participating as a Featured Shop, comment here or send me an email at cori @ letseatgrandpa . com.
Would love to have you join in — let’s spread the word about Giving Handmade!
Featured Shops So Far
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS