This decadent espresso coffee cake monkey bread is perfect for holiday brunch or even dessert. With loads of rich espresso and sweet cinnamon, this monkey bread will melt in your mouth!
This post was sponsored by Pillsbury through Acorn Influence. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Hey, Let’s Make Stuff!
We’re fully into the Christmas season and I’m ready to relax and enjoy the time with my family. We just got our tree up and I’ve been doing all sorts of winter cooking and baking — everything from soups and roasts to cookies and this amazing espresso coffee cake monkey bread.
I would never consider myself a baker by any stretch of the imagination—I’ve never been that great with measurements and as a mom of twin toddlers I don’t have a ton of time on my hands to spend in the kitchen—I’d rather be spending that time with my family.
Thankfully monkey bread is one of those recipes that is incredibly easy and endlessly customizable. Once you make one loaf, you won’t be able to stop!
It all starts with a couple cans of Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls.
Espresso Coffee Cake Monkey Bread Recipe
Espresso Coffee Cake Monkey Bread
For the Monkey Bread
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cans Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls 5-count cans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons Espresso powder divided
For the Crumble (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Espresso powder
For the Monkey Bread
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a plastic food-storage bag, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls (there should be 15 total); cut each into sixths. Add each roll to the bag of cinnamon sugar separately, and shake to coat. Arrange in the bundt pan.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, 3 teaspoons espresso powder, and melted butter. Pour over the cinnamon rolls in the bundt pan.
- Bake 28- 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center (use a knife or skewer to check doneness).
- Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes. Turn upside down and release onto a serving plate.
- For the glaze, mix the icing that came with cinnamon rolls with 2 teaspoons espresso and drizzle over the bread (microwave briefly if necessary).
- Pull apart to eat. Try not to eat the whole thing. Probably fail.
For the Crumble
- Mix all ingredients together. Crumble over the top of the cake before serving.
The crumble on top is optional — I like it because it gives it that coffee cake feel. This is best enjoyed with a strong cup of joe and good friends and family. This ooey-gooey treat will disappear quickly—you might want to make two!
Indulge a Bit!
- Mommy in the Making SVG + Free Pregnancy Cut Files - July 7, 2020
- 20 Fun Printable Summer Games for Boredom Busting! - July 6, 2020
- Happy Hour SVG Bundle for Cricut and Silhouette - July 3, 2020