Last updated on March 10th, 2019 at 04:34 pm
This easy summer pasta salad is perfect for barbecues and potlucks, with refreshing seasonal produce, flavorful ham and cheese, and a tangy dressing!
We are quickly moving into summer here in Northern California (the mercury is topping 100 for the foreseeable future — send me a pool, please!), which means we have tons of barbecues and potlucks on our calendar. While my Polska Kielbasa with Peas and Rice is my go-to potluck dish for most of the year, summer calls for something cooler and brighter. Enter my favorite easy summer pasta salad!
The key to this salad is the Cheese Fantastico dressing. You can use regular Italian, but man, the Cheese Fantastico is so so good. I have found it at most of our local grocery stores — I hope you can too! You can also get it on Amazon.
This recipe is very versatile. Have other veggies in your fridge? Add them!
Easy Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 bag tricolor rotini pasta
- 1 ham steak cubed
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 can sweet corn (or fresh of the cob)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese cubed or shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheese Fantastico dressing
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When cooked, run under cold water to cool the pasta and stop the cooking process.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. You may want to add more dressing to taste. Serve cold.