Red, white, and blue tissue paper explode in brilliant fireworks, perfect as easy Fourth of July party decor!
I have one more last-minute Fourth of July project for you this year! These tissue paper fireworks are a take on my ever-popular tissue paper flowers and are super easy to make for the fourth. I made all of these with just one package of tissue paper in each color. I am going to hang them in bunches from below the lights on the front of our house. So fun!
Tissue Paper Fireworks Supplies
- Red, white, and blue tissue paper
Tissue Paper Fireworks Directions
Fold two sheets of tissue paper in half.
Fold in half again.
Find the corner with all of the lose edges (no folds) and fold it over to the far edge to create a triangle. Trim off the excess (you could turn the excess into fun confetti!).
Find the folded edge of your stack, and cut through it, making eight separate layers of paper.
Do this with each of the colors. To create the tri-color firework, I did three sheets of each color, stacked on top of each other. You can play around with different combinations to get the different styles I did in my final photo.
Fold your stack into an accordion. I usually do six folds.
Staple in the center of your accordion.
Cut fringe on either end of the stack of papers — I find that five cuts usually does the trick.
Pulling from the inside of each sheet of tissue paper, gently fluff each layer, trying not to rip the tissue paper. Once I have them fluffed, I flip them over, grab them by the stapled center, and shake them around a bit to really get them to fluff.
So easy and fun, right? I made all of the fireworks in the photos out of one package of tissue paper in each color.
Check out these other patriotic ideas, too!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,526 views
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 1,064 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 935 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 531 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 409 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 373 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 311 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 230 views
- Irish Blessing Printable 229 views
- IKEA Hack: Trones Shoe Holder for Paper Storage 199 views