These scrapbusting streamers are perfect for patriotic parades! And they can be made with stuff you probably already have in your stash.
It’s really warming up here and starting to feel like summer! That means barbecues, pool parties, and the Fourth of July! Here’s a simple but fun craft to make patriotic streamers that are perfect for any Fourth of July celebration.
If you’re planning on taking your kids to a parade this year, they’ll love these scrapbusting patriotic streamers — plus you can make them with things you probably already have in your crafting stash!
- Various ribbons, strips of fabric, tulle, etc.
- Wooden dowels
- Hot glue gun
- Plastic pearls or other baubles
Cut all of your scraps so they are about 10″ long. My dowels were 12″ long, so adjust if yours are different. I had eight different scraps for each streamer, but of course you could do more or less if you wanted. Along with ribbon and tulle, I cut out some strips of fabric to add some dimension.
My dowels were actually squared off, so I hot glued the end of each scrap to each side. But if you have round dowels, you can just glue to the curved edge. I ended up with two layers of ribbon and scraps.
Once you’re finished, hot glue a pear bead or other bauble to the top to finish it off and you’re done!
These patriotic streamers are so much fun to wave during a parade or fireworks show — your kids will love them!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,748 views
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 1,185 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 1,134 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 622 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 466 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 441 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 353 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 272 views
- Irish Blessing Printable 252 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 228 views