Sabzi pilau, which is an Indian spiced rice, is a delicious accompaniment to any Indian dish. Bright turmeric, rich spices, and healthy veggies help spice up this yummy side dish.
A while back my Indian-food-making mom and I made mattar paneer, Indian homemade cheese and peas. The spices in that dish are some of my favorites, so we used a similar mix to make sabzi pilau, an Indian spiced rice dish. It turned out great (and it’s so pretty!), so I thought I’d share the recipe here!
The recipe below calls for two cups of water, but we used the leftover whey from the mattar paneer that evening. It makes it just a little more rich! I also recommend using something other than a white spoon to mix this dish — that turmeric will stain it and you’ll never get it white again!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,301 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 700 views
- A Simple Envelope Enclosure Tutorial 607 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 558 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 385 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 382 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 233 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 198 views
- Tri-Color Tissue Paper Flowers 174 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 173 views