Make these simple, pretty LOVE letters in less than 15 minutes using wooden letters and pretty paper. An easy Valentine’s Day craft.
PIN THESE LOVE LETTERS TO YOUR CRAFTS PINTEREST BOARD.
JOIN ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE VALENTINE’S DAY CRAFTS.
I have very few Valentine’s Day decorations, but I’ve vowed to change that this year. I’ve been working on a few projects, including my scrappy heart wreath, and now these sweet LOVE letters. I’m trying to stay away from too much pink and red, since my house is primarily gray, teal, green, and yellow. So I used some mostly black and white paper with a little bit of blush pink to make these fun LOVE letters — in just 15 minutes!
Yes, less than 15 minutes. You know what that means — it’s Craft Lightning!
LOVE Letters Supplies
LOVE Letters Directions
Paint the edges of your wood letters with craft paint. I chose a steel gray so it wouldn’t compete with the delicate paper pattern. A foam brush made quick work of the painting. It was messy, though, because I was moving quickly and the boys were just waking up from an all-to-short nap.
Once the paint was dry, I cut a piece of paper and applied spray adhesive to the back. I put the letters front-side down and pressed. I allowed the adhesive to set for a few minutes to make sure it would stick nicely.
Then using my X-acto knife, I cut the paper away from around the edges of the letter (with the letter facing down on my cutting mat. You could also use a piece of cardboard.).
This actually took me a little longer than the 10 minutes or so I had left in my 15-minute craft, but that’s because I managed to snap the point off my X-acto knife so cutting was a little ragged for the O, V, and E letters.
Want to see all of the Craft Lightning projects? Head over to the Country Chic Cottage and check them out!
More Valentine’s Day Sweetness:
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,651 views
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 1,110 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 1,051 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 590 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 436 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 409 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 333 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 261 views
- Irish Blessing Printable 241 views
- How to Make Cricut 3D Flowers 218 views