Need a hearty, savory meal that comes together in about 30 minutes? This creamy sausage casserole is a delicious family meal. Also perfect for potlucks!
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own.
#pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Growing up, we had a few staples around our house. One of them was Priscilla Potatoes, which, when I Googled it, had about a million variations (literally, I have NO idea what the original “Priscilla Potatoes” might be). We made it using canned and frozen everything, so I’ve updated it a little so that it uses a few more fresh ingredients and cooks in about half the time.
The key to making this casserole successfully is cutting the potatoes, peppers, and onion small, so they cook quickly. Baking it in the oven is just to warm it all together and get the cheese bubbly, so you want that produce cooked fully before you hit that step.
I have several recipes that we make all the time that have Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage or Polska Kilbasa, so I picked both up from our local Foods Co. Between March 30 and April 19 2016 you can get two Hillshire Farm Sausage for only $5 while supplies last. You can also get more delicious Hillshire Farm Recipes!
I love this recipe when I want something that’ll warm me up and fill my belly with happiness. It reminds me of home!
- 1 pound Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage (or Polska Kielbasa), sliced
- 8 red potatoes, cubed small
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 8oz sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, bell peppers, and onion. Cook until just tender, 10-15 minutes.
- While that is cooking, brown the smoked sausage, about 8 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine mushroom soup, celery soup, and sour cream and heat.
- In a greased 9x13 pan, layer the potatoes, peppers, and onions, a layer of soup mix, the sausage, and then another layer of soup mix. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- This is great with either Smoked Sausage or Polska Kielbasa!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,135 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 718 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 547 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 303 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 241 views
- 12 Ways to Get the Fixer Upper Look at World Market 186 views
- Seaside Boardwalk Quilt-As-You-Go Tutorial 165 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 163 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 157 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 143 views