Unless you live in a cave, you probably know that the final installment of the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay Part 2, is coming to theaters on November 20. I was glued to the books as they were released, and I feel the movies have done the books justice. I can’t wait for this final movie!
Today and tomorrow I have two Hunger Games-inspired projects for you. Today a “Cinna”mon Sugar Scrub, and tomorrow, for Freebie Friday, a set of free cut files of the three Hunger Games logos.
This delicious smelling Hunger Games Cinnamon Sugar Scrub is named for my favorite character in the series, Cinna. Although he doesn’t appear in the final movies, Cinna lives on in his wardrobe designs for Katniss. When she finds out he was secretly a rebel, it inspires her to keep fighting. Who doesn’t love Cinna?!
This is a simple sugar scrub to make and smells scrumptious. And if you ever find yourself in the Arena, you can eat it — it might save your life someday.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerine (optional)
Mix the sugars and cinnamon together. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. I also add a tablespoon of vegetable glycerine because it serves as a moisturizer, but it’s not necessary.
Store in a glass or plastic jar and tie with a gold ribbon (to match Cinna’s eyeliner, of course).
Because this scrub contains oil, be careful when using it in the shower — it’ll make the floor slippery. I like using it in the bath.
Here are a few other sugar scrubs from some friends you might enjoy! They make wonderful (inexpensive!) holiday gifts.
- Orange Mint Sugar Scrub
- Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub
- Whipped Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
- Brown Sugar and Coffee Body Scrub
- Rose Petal Sugar Scrub
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,388 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 836 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 361 views
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 229 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 217 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 211 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 178 views
- Vinyl Pantry Labels – Free SVG Download 175 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 164 views
- Address Christmas Cards using your Cricut Explore 151 views