This Christmas Countdown craft is super easy to make and totally glam — it took me just 15 minutes to put together!
Good morning! It’s time for another round of Craft Lightning, Christmas Edition! Today I’m sharing this easy wood Christmas countdown that you can make in under 15 minutes (minus drying time). I also did an advent calendar earlier this week, so check that out as well.
I don’t have any step-by-step photos this time because a) it was dark when I was working on this project and b) it’s so simple that it seemed a bit ridiculous to take photos.
First, paint your plaque black. I really like Folk Art’s black chalk paint — it’s serious one-coat coverage that’s like the blackest of nights. So quick and easy! Let dry.
Then spray paint your numbers and letters gold. (If you want, you can leave them on the patio to be sprayed with the sprinklers overnight, just for funsies, like I did. Oh wait. Don’t do that.) Let dry.
Next, tacky glue the letters to the board. I used a ruler taped to my board to get my letters straight. Let dry.
To make the numbers removable, I sprayed the back with spray mount and let them dry. Now they stick but come off easily to be changed each day. Then add strips of washi tape on the top and sides to frame it all in.
And that’s it! It’s a simple but glam countdown that would look amazing on a mantel or sideboard surrounded by fun Christmas decor.
Here are a few more quick Christmas crafts you might enjoy!
- Mason and Felt Jar Gnome
- Easy Scrappy Fabric Garland
- 15-minute Candy Cane Garland
- Felt Christmas Tree
- Button Christmas Trees
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,232 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 368 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 198 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 187 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 181 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 164 views
- 12 Ways to Get the Fixer Upper Look at World Market 148 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 129 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 121 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 114 views