Make this easy DIY Advent calendar out of stuff from the Dollar Spot at Target and leftover Halloween candy!
Okay, I know that is a crazy title for this fun little advent calendar, but I wanted to emphasize just how easy it is to make!
I mean, everyone loves the Target Dollar Spot (Have you ever been to Target and NOT walked through there? Impossible.). And pretty much everyone I know has leftover Halloween candy. We have three Costco bags of it. Combine the two, and you can make this festive advent calendar, counting down the days until Christmas with a sweet treat every day!
Unfortunately, the nature of the Dollar Spot is that these items aren’t generally available online. Get thee to a Target! (Like you weren’t headed there tomorrow anyway.)
- Dollar Spot Spritz Treat Cups (3 bags of 10)
- Dollar Spot Kraft Paper Filler (2 bags)
- Dollar Spot Chalkboard Christmas Tree Clothespins (7 bags of 4)
- Dollar Spot Fairy Lights (2 boxes)
- Chalk or Chalk Pen
- Leftover Halloween Candy (25 pieces)
This is a totally simple advent calendar to put together. First, write out the numbers 1 – 25 on the chalkboard trees. I started with just a regular piece of chalk until my lovely Instagram followers told me about the joy of the chalk pen. Ran to Target (seriously, I should just move in there) and picked one up—so much easier than regular chalk!
Next place a piece of candy (or other small treat or toy, if you prefer) in the bottom of each treat cup, and top with paper filler.
I set them up on our floating shelves in our dining room. I had an extra piece of wood that was stained the same as the shelves (leftover from when we built them) so I made the back row slightly higher than the front row.
The Dollar Spot also had cute fairy lights for just $3, so I picked up two strands and wove them in between the front and back row. I love how the glow at night!
Can’t make it to Target? Here are Amazon sources for similar supplies:
Want to see some other adorable and easy Advent calendars? Here are a few from my bloggy friends!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,124 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 435 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 378 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 292 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 279 views
- A Christmas Story Drinking Game 179 views
- Glittery Mason Jar Snow Globe 175 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 172 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 171 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 159 views