Have some peaches that are a little past their prime? This four-ingredient ginger peach sorbet is the perfect, easy treat!
As summer winds down, some of my favorite fruit comes into season. It’s still about a trillion degrees here in Northern California, so I wanted to create something delicious and cold with these gorgeous peaches I picked up — and left sitting on my counter for a little too long (good intentions, eh?). Peach sorbet it is! I decided to give it a bit of a bite with some ginger, Ryan’s favorite flavor. I love the combination of the sweet peaches and the ginger — and Ryan gave it two thumbs up!
Peach Ginger Sorbet Ingredients
- Three ripe peaches
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Peach Ginger Sorbet Directions
Slice and freeze your peaches. I flash froze them on a cookie sheet, so they wouldn’t stick together.
Grate two teaspoons of fresh ginger.
Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar, water, and ginger and bring to a slow boil. Remove from heat and allow to fully cool. (I actually let it sit in the fridge overnight — I think that the ginger really permeated the simple syrup and made it extra delicious).
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add some water if it’s too frozen. Serve right away, or freeze for future use.
This recipe is a modification of this delicious sorbet from Crunchy Creamy Sweet.
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,233 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 368 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 198 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 189 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 181 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 164 views
- 12 Ways to Get the Fixer Upper Look at World Market 149 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 129 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 121 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 114 views