If you buy anything through the affiliate links in this post, I earn a small commission of the sale—with no price difference to you! This helps keep the blog up and running so we can make even more stuff!
I’m so excited to share one of my favorite projects in a long time — these Dr. Seuss Decorative Felt Hoops! I made them for friends who are foster adopting a sibling set. Until they find out the names of their kids, they have given them the Seussian names of Thing 1 and Thing 2. I made these to hang in their future kiddos’ bedroom!
Today is CRAFT LIGHTNING, which means that a whole bunch of us are sharing Dr. Seuss crafts that take less than 15 minutes to make. These hoops took me about 8 minutes to make each. So each one is it’s own Craft Lightning project — and the whole thing should take you about 45 minutes to make if you choose to make all five.
I love that they are sort of iconic to the original Dr. Seuss stories, but super simple and graphic — The Cat in the Hat; Green Eggs and Ham; One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish; How the Grinch Stole Christmas; and The Lorax.
And because this is Craft Lightning, everything is super simple!
- Fabric in red, orange, yellow, green, and blue
- Felt in red, yellow-orange, yellow, green, blue, white, and black
- Five hoops, 8″, 7″, 5″ (x2), and 4″
- Craft glue
- Scissors (these cut felt like a dream)
Print out this template and cut out all the shapes in the indicated colors of felt.
You can lay out your pieces as you go to make sure you have everything cut out properly.
I put my fabric in the hoops and trimmed off the excess before gluing on the pieces. I preferred doing it this way so I could see exactly where I was gluing the felt shapes.
Glue on your felt shapes using a little dab of craft glue. If this wasn’t Craft Lightning, I might have stitched on the felt pieces, but there’s no time when you only have fifteen minutes!
Finish gluing on all your shapes and you’re done! These can be hung using small nails or tacks.
Did you know many of the classic Dr. Seuss hardcover books are only $6?! Click on the below links to order and see each hoop up close!
Hope you enjoyed this edition of Craft Lightning! Here are several other projects that take 15 minutes or less! The candy cane garland would be an awesome addition to Dr. Seuss decor, too!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,124 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 435 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 378 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 293 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 280 views
- A Christmas Story Drinking Game 179 views
- Glittery Mason Jar Snow Globe 175 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 172 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 171 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 159 views