You’d be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t want to start the new year off right with healthy food choices and an active lifestyle — even pregnant, I am feeling the desire to eat healthier and get more exercise. The flip of the calendar is the perfect time to make better choices, especially because all of those delicious holiday treats are behind us!
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite healthy snack recipes — salsa tuna bites. Bumble Bee tuna has always been one of my go-to healthy foods — and because it’s available in can or pouch, it’s an easy and delicious way to add a variety of nutrients to my diet, including lean protein, healthy fat, and important vitamins and minerals.
I originally came up with this recipe when I was eating clean a few years back — it’s a great alternative to mayonnaise-based tuna recipes. Today, I put this recipe on wheat crackers, but you can just as easily wrap it in lettuce or even just eat it with a fork if you want Paleo options. The recipe is below, but it’s super easy. Just mix your tuna, salsa, and mustard together in a bowl.
And spoon onto crackers and top with an olive slice! Super easy, super healthy. It’s the perfect snack for starting the new year with a new you!
- One can Bumble Bee tuna
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Sliced olives
- Wheat crackers
- Mix together the tuna, salsa, and mustard. Spoon onto crackers and top with a sliced olive.
- I prefer the black bean and corn salsa, but you can choose a Paleo-friendly salsa if you're cutting corn or beans from your diet.
Are you a tuna fan like me? What are your favorite tuna recipes? Leave me a link in the comments and I’ll check it out!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 700 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 320 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 313 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 183 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 173 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 98 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 96 views
- 12 Ways to Get the Fixer Upper Look at World Market 86 views
- Seaside Boardwalk Quilt-As-You-Go Tutorial 80 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 79 views