Orange hot chocolate is a delicious twist on an old classic. Perfect for fall, Thanksgiving, the holidays, and beyond into winter!
I love the combination of most fruit and chocolate, but nothing is better than orange and chocolate! I think it get it from my mom — it’s her favorite, too!
Here’s how to take an everyday hot chocolate and add a bit of orange flair!
- 1 package instant hot chocolate
- 1/4 tsp orange extract (for hot chocolate)
- 1/8 tsp orange extract (for topping)
- Whipped cream
- 1 tbsp chocolate sauce
- Orange peel for garnish
- Prepare the hot chocolate as the directions state.
- Mix in 1/4 tsp of orange extract into the hot chocolate.
- Make the orange chocolate sauce by mixing the second 1/4 tsp of orange extract with the chocolate sauce.
- Top the hot chocolate with whipped cream and drizzle chocolate sauce over the top.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
- You can, of course, make your own hot chocolate, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce from scratch. But store-bought ingredients make for a delicious (and quick!) treat, too!
Want more holiday drink goodness? Check out these awesome bloggers and their links below!
Cori @ Let’s Eat Grandpa + Sara @ Major Hoff Takes a Wife + Stephanie @ Crafting in the Rain
Jessica @ Chaos and Love + April @ illistyle + Kelly @ Eclectic Momsense
Alli @ Made with Happy + Melanie @ Artzy Creations + Tracey @ Let’s Go junking
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS