Today I’m part of a fun blog hop for Last-Minute Thanksgiving Dishes and Table Setting Ideas! Stop by the links at the bottom of this post to see all of the fabulous ideas.
For the past few Thanksgivings, my mom has made delicious mashed chipotle sweet potatoes. They’ve become a family favorite, so I decided to riff on that recipe just a bit, and use the enormous butternut squash that showed up in our CSA box this week. I threw together a few simple ingredients and thought the results were beyond delicious!
I love this as a side for Thanksgiving — lots of heartiness, a little spice, and all that rich fall flavor. Yum!
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt (and more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Chop the butternut squash into 1/2" cubes. This is the hardest part of the recipe, so if you're strapped for time you can buy pre-cut squash.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Coat the butternut squash with the mixture and spread in one layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the butternut squash for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. Bake until fork-tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You could replace the honey with real maple syrup for a slightly different flavor.
- I used my Nutribullet to make the chipotle mixture -- it works like a dream for little recipes like this!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 537 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 263 views
- Glittery Mason Jar Snow Globe 253 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 221 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 188 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 88 views
- Vinyl Pantry Labels – Free SVG Download 72 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 70 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 67 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 64 views