This festive Christmas candy cane garland takes just fifteen minutes and two colors of felt. Would be great for a Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat party as well!
This time I finally nailed the 15-minute time limit while creating this felt candy cane garland. It was super simple to make and would be so awesome decorating a mantel or a tree. Or even a Cat In The Hat party, if I’m being honest.
I used a heavier wool felt rather than craft felt, because that’s what I had in my studio. But craft felt would work just fine, too.
Cut 1″ x 3″ rectangles out of the red and white felt. I find it easier to use a rotary cutter, but you could use scissors. With a rotary cutter, I cut 3″ strips.
Which I then cut into smaller 1″ strips.
Super easy, right? Do the red as well.
Soon you’ll have a pile of red and white strips.
On your sewing machine, pull out about 8″ of thread from the spool and bobbin so you have room to hang the garland. Then sew about .5″ from the edge of one of the strips. Without lifting your needle, place the second piece right next to it and sew through that. Then a third piece. And so on.
Soon you’ll have a long garland! Make sure you pull the threads at least 8″ at the other end, too, for hanging.
Easy peasy, right?
I love that you could make this garland using pretty much any color for any holiday or party.
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 700 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 320 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 313 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 183 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 173 views
- How to Use the Cricut Tool Set 98 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 96 views
- 12 Ways to Get the Fixer Upper Look at World Market 86 views
- Seaside Boardwalk Quilt-As-You-Go Tutorial 80 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 79 views