DIY Creepy Eyeball Coasters — an easy craft that’s perfect for a Halloween party!
Here’s a fun little project that’s perfect for a Halloween party. These creepy eyeball coasters are really easy to whip up and can be used as more than coasters — can you imagine them peeking through a window or on a big pumpkin? So creepy!
White spray paint
Eye-color construction paper (green, blue, brown, etc.)
Black construction paper
Silver washi tape (or white/silver paper)
Tacky glue (not pictured)
Spray clear coat (not pictured)
Start by spray painting your coasters white. I had a spray paint / primer in one and it worked just fine to do it in one coat. Let dry.
(Side note: I definitely recommend doing this on a rainy day. So you have to spray paint on your tiny porch, and then bring it inside and inhale fumes all afternoon. It’s great.)
Use the red Sharpie to draw blood vessels on the coaster. Don’t worry about being precise here — just some squiggles from the center out will do.
Find a round-something to trace and create the eye’s iris. I found tracing the outside of a roll of washi tape was the perfect size for me. Glue the iris on the coaster.
Find a smaller round-something to trace and create the eye’s pupil. Tracing the inside of that same washi tape roll worked well. Glue the pupil to the iris. Add a little piece of silver washi tape or a small piece of white/silver construction paper to create the reflection in the eye.
The final step is to spray a clear coat on top to seal everything. If a drink sweats, it will ruin the construction paper so it’s important to seal it all up. I did this step after I took photos — clear coat just never looks good in photos!
And that’s all! Ready for a Halloween party!
Spooky! Love this idea? Check out these other Halloween crafts!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,124 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 435 views
- Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panel Tutorial 378 views
- Scottish Thistle QAYG Block 292 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 279 views
- A Christmas Story Drinking Game 179 views
- Glittery Mason Jar Snow Globe 175 views
- Shark Week: Corner Shark Bookmark 172 views
- Easy-Sew Two-Hand Casserole Pot Holder 171 views
- The Best Meat Sauce Ever 159 views