As I continue fixing up and decorating our little home, I’m quickly coming to realize I’m running out of home to work with! So I put out a call on Facebook to see if I had any friends who needed some design inspiration. Yes, I’ve moved on to decorating other people’s homes to get a design fix.
I can stop whenever. Really. I can.
My friend Kelly asked me to give her some inspiration for her little boys’ room. Owen (5) and Tanner (3) are moving into one bedroom when Kelly and her husband Ricky welcome baby #3 in August. She found herself at a loss for decorating the room for her two growing boys. Here is her “before” room. It’s a great sized room and gives her a lot of space to work in.
She had a few notes for me as I came up with designs:
- Her budget is $500, excluding furniture.
- She’d like to use the green and blue paint that is already in the bedroom rather than re-paint.
- She wants blackout curtains.
- She wants something bright, colorful, clean, and simple.
And here is design #1 that I came up with! It’s a camping-inspired bedroom, perfect for her growing boys. When we visited them a few weeks ago, they were playing with a super cute felt campfire, like this:
They were having so much fun, I knew I had to start with a camping theme! The decor I chose was just over the budget at $510.
Design #2 will be on the blog soon — can’t wait to share it with you too!
Please note these links were up-to-date as of publication. If you find a link no longer works, please send me a message and I’ll try and find an alternative.
If you buy anything through the affiliate links in this post, I earn a small commission of the sale—with no price difference to you! This helps keep the blog up and running so we can make even more stuff!
- Camp Room Decor Sign – $16 from Minted
- Caged Lantern String Lights – $24 from Target
- Star Print Blackout Curtain Set – $65 from Amazon
- 6′ Canvas Teepee – $55 from Amazon
- Three Lanterns – $85 from One Kings Lane
- Raccoon Pillow – $24 from Land of Nod
- Quilt (2) – $160 from Land of Nod
- Plaid Sheet Sets (2) – $36 from Target
- Basket Set – $20 from CB2
- Two Geometric Pillows – $25 from Etsy
Make me some s’mores, and I’m set!
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS