On Cyber Monday, I am hosting Giving Handmade: a Virtual Holiday Craft Fair for online sellers (Etsy, Big Cartel, etc.). It will be a really wonderful way to promote the incredible online shops we all know and love, and bring attention to buying handmade gifts for the holidays!
Here’s how it will work:
[UPDATE] I have changed the two separate giveaways to be one giveaway for everyone! I think it will be easier to manage that way.
- Giving Handmade will be hosted on my blog (www.letseatgrandpa.com) starting early in the morning on November 26, which is “Cyber Monday” – the day people do the largest portion of their holiday shopping online.
- There will be tweets, FB posts, a blog badge, etc. to promote the fair prior to November 26.
- There will be several ways to participate:
- Ten to fifteen shops will be featured in the blog post, with product photos, a write-up about the shop, and corresponding links to their blog, shop, twitter, FB page, discounts, etc. To be one of the Featured Shops, you will need to donate one item from your shop for a giveaway at the end of the day and have the above information provided to me by November 24, so I can write the post.
- A linky party will be set up for everyone else who wants their shop to be listed in the craft fair. That day, write a blog post about your online shop and Giving Handmade and link it up to the main blog post. Shoppers can browse through the linky listings to see all the additional shops and find great gifts.
- I am working to get some great sponsors to offer additional giveaways to both shops and shoppers. For sponsorship information, please email me at cori @ letseatgrandpa . com.
- The giveaway will be managed through Rafflecopter, offering entries to win based on comments, likes, follows, etc. for each of the participating Featured Shops and Sponsors.
So what do you think? I know it’s a little last minute, but it’s going to be great!
If you’re interested in participating as a Featured Shop, comment here or send me an email at cori @ letseatgrandpa . com.
Would love to have you join in — let’s spread the word about Giving Handmade!
Featured Shops so far:
Jen, The Knotted Thread: www.knotted-thread.com
Heather, The Sewing Loft: thesewingloftblog.com
Vanessa, LBG Studio: www.lbg-studio.com
Elena, Breakfast for Dinner: breakfastfordinnerblog.blogspot.com
Mary, Spoolhardy Girl: spoolhardygirl.blogspot.com
Malora, Bird and Bicycle: birdandbicycle.wordpress.com
Claire, Sewing Over Pins: www.sewingoverpins.com
Johanna, Unfading Louise: unfadinglouise.
Giving Handmade Sponsors so far:
Level 2 <still available>
Imagine Gnats: imaginegnats.wazala.com
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS