If you buy anything through the affiliate links in this post, I earn a small commission of the sale—with no price difference to you! This helps keep the blog up and running so we can make even more stuff!
It’s the final round of the Cricut Design Space Star! I can’t believe the contest is almost over — I’ve had such a blast participating. Want to see my other projects? Check out my Woodland Pennants and Winter Wonderland Mantel Luminaria. I also did a Friendsgiving post recently with lots of fun inspiration!
For this round, our team chose the 12 Days of Christmas as our theme. I had so many elaborate ideas running through my head, but time got away from me so I designed these simple 12 Days of Christmas Countdown cards.
I designed the files in Illustrator, and then cut out the different layers on my Cricut Explore. If you’ve been paying any attention at all, you know that I LOVE this machine. This time I learned how to draw every kind of bird imaginable (I never realized how many birds there are in the song!).
I also had my first shot at drawing stylized human figures. I went with a simple style, and I think it was effective. Drawing a piper piping and a drummer drumming was actually easier than I thought it would be!
To put them together, I used a light spray adhesive. It was actually fun to cut out all of the pieces and then puzzle them together the way I designed them.
And my favorite card? FIIIVE. GOOOLD. RIIINGS!
On the back of each card, I wrote a Christmas activity you can do with your kids. I decided not to make the activities part of the files themselves, so that you could customize them yourself for the activities you want to do with your kids. Here are some ideas:
- Bake Christmas cookies
- Make hot chocolate
- Open an early present
- Go ice skating
- Write a letter to Santa
- Play a board game with your family
- Do something nice for a neighbor
- Drive around and see the Christmas lights
- Read a Christmas story
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Have a slumber party by the tree
Stay tuned for these cut files — hoping to make them available to you soon! You could also use them for gift tags, pennants, and whatever else you might dream up!
And make sure you stop by and see all of the other amazing projects from Team 10!
- Drummer Boy Christmas Kids Craft by Sweet Rose Studio
- Twelve Days of Christmas Gift Bags by Albion Gould
- 12 Days of Christmas Countdown by Let’s Eat Grandpa
- 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar by Sweet Rose Studio
- 12 Days Candy Countdown by One Krieger Chick
- Modern Twelve Days of Christmas Clock by Popper and Mimi
- 12 Days Boxes by Crafting in the Rain
- 12 Days Stocking Countdown by Sugar Bee Crafts
TODAY’S TOP TEN POSTS
- How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Four Ways 1,761 views
- What is the Cricut Explore Machine and What Does it Do? 1,113 views
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid While Painting Cabinets 749 views
- How to Keep Your House Tidy Without Really Trying 724 views
- 10+ DIY Dreamcatcher Tutorials 561 views
- 20+ Stunning Paper Flower Tutorials 481 views
- DIY Outdoor Wedding Games 352 views
- IKEA Hack: Trones Shoe Holder for Paper Storage 336 views
- A Simple Envelope Enclosure Tutorial 292 views
- Easy-Sew Curtains 263 views